(TFT) fleshing out monsters

Dear Michael (& others)
I guess another idea along the ecology line is this: when I was DMing AD&D
the old Monster Manual would gve a description and then soemtimes suggest
monsters which would hang out with a particular monster (eg. a frost giant
would have winter wolves, hobgoblins occasionally used carnivorous apes,
whatever).
I guess we could throw up a few ideas of what monsters chum around together
and why for TFT and work from there.

e.g. dwarves using earth elementals to scout through rock and stuff, maybe
some clever dwarf wizard/mechanician got a metallic earth elemertnal and
made a sentient drill-being (sorta like the mole out of thunderbird 2 pod
6) --hey.....maybe I'll make one....

but seriously, existing ones include

bugs chum around with, well, other bugs.
stone beetles and am bushes
reptile men and riding lizards

I've got stats somewhere for giant boars (for orcs to ride) and giant
weasels - which live in hilly pastural landscapes, so maybe some ingenious
hobbit husbanders somewhere use them for guards ....

thoughts?