(TFT) Perception v. IQ again

Recognizing that this has the potential to turn into another discussion
like the one where someone claimed strength was not related to endurance,
how can you say that more intelligence doesnt make you more perceptive?

Awareness and

Of course, I'd love to see any new Talents you write up on this posted!

Einstein but
problem.

So your saying that everyone in that situation was of 'average'
intelligence and this little girl was born with "super perception"?

Somehow I suspect that the rest of this little girl's life history will not
support this theory.

(first of all, I dont remember this story at all, but I suspect it's the
usual homily about how the innocent child figures out a puzzle while all
the adults stand around looking stupid, I assume she figures out some way
to rearrange the cars so the truck can get 'unstuck'?).

In real life this doesn't seem to fall into the category of either
perception or intelligence, but geometric problem solving. Frankly, I can
imagine in a situation like that the fact that she's not stressed out about
it probably had alot to do with her ability to quickly grasp the problem.

And from a game perspective that also makes the most sense doesn't it? She
simply doesn't have the -1d6 modifications to her 4/IQ roll that the adults
being cursed at and honked at do. She makes a critical success IQ roll and
she gets ice cream for lunch!

Take that kid out to the jungle where an Apep is sneaking up on her and her
experienced adult Naturalists and I'll bet she's lunch meat before you can
say "bait!".

Just more small thoughts....

Michael

====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.