Re: (TFT) Perception v. IQ again

Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com> wrote:
> how can you say that more intelligence doesnt make you more perceptive?

I know a very intelligent guy who routinely walks into things because he's
thinking about something else, and is so engrossed in his thoughts that
he doesn't see the fire hydrant/parking meter/parked car/telephone pole!
(I've seen him walk into each of these things!)

On the other hand, observant people are rarely stupid!  I think in this
case a talent for perception or awareness is on the mark.  You can train
yourself to be more observant.  Anyone remember Kim's game from Kipling?
Very popular in my scout troop mumble-teen years ago.

> I assume she figures out some way
> to rearrange the cars so the truck can get 'unstuck'?).

I think she tells them to let the air out of the tires a bit to lower
the truck.  An old story, probaby apocryphal.