Re: (TFT) fleshing out monsters

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 21:19:15 -0500, Michael Taylor
<MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com> wrote:

>Message text written by INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
>>
>Dear Michael (& others)
>I guess another idea along the ecology line is this: when I was DMing AD&D
>the old Monster Manual would gve a description and then soemtimes suggest
>monsters which would hang out with a particular monster (eg. a frost giant
>would have winter wolves, hobgoblins occasionally used carnivorous apes,
>whatever).
>I guess we could throw up a few ideas of what monsters chum around together
>and why for TFT and work from there.

Can I suggest you folks read the Chivalry and Sorcery essays on
"Monsters are people too" and "Designing C&S Monsters" which have good
ideas about GMing and designing NPC creatures.

You can find them on the Brittannia Games website
( http://members.aol.com/marakush/ )

under the "downloads" section

cds
--