Re: (TFT) The Copyright Monster Again

Justin,
Acording to the letter I recieved from the Library of Congress on the subject, "The idea for a game can not be copyrighted, on the particular maner of artistic expression." In point of fact their is an allowance to copy a small amount of material verbatum if it is used in a derivative work. The working principal behind this is that copyrights were invented to "advance the arts and sciences", not to make people rich. Thus, if you print a monster from one game in the format of a different game, it is both artisticaly diferent from the original, and a derivative. This in no way constitutes legal advice. In the event of an actual law suit you should contact your own lawyer. I want to go on record now stating that I don't even remember writing this post.

    David Michael Grouchy II