From: "Jim Dirmaier" <jdirm@hotmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) rules regarding healing?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:52:18 PST

Joel Wrote:
What do you folks do for healing spells in your campaign? for me $150 a
point for healing pot is a bit steep.

I agree that this becomes a  big hurdle. I do two things that you probably
already do as well.
1.) be liberal with finding healing potions.
2.) as they say "time heals all wounds". set up some kind of system for
healing over time. I would set some restrictions that characters must follow
in order to regain a point of ST each week. Someone to care after them all
the time would be necessary if the ST loss was more than 1/2 of their total
ST (the wounded character must not do anything during the week). Partial
care would be needed for those who have lost 1/4 to 1/2 of their ST (the
wounded character would be severely limited in what they could do, i.e.
write letters, talk for long periods, etc..., and could only do these things
if they make an ST roll vs. their CURRENT ST!). ST losses of less than a
quarter would still allow the character to perform everyday tasks such as
buying food, going to the ale hous etc..., but, any physical strain would
forfeit the healing process.Work could be done, but, I would suggest having
any risk rolls be made with a negative modifier equal to the character's ST
loss.
Since I give characters a limited number of weeks between adventures they
have to make some trade-offs. Either lie there for a few precious weeks
recuperating or pay someone for healing potions.
Oh well, just some thoughts.

Jim-