(TFT) TFT: Break Weapon Enchantment

Stan writes . . .

>One thing that bothers me just a tiny bit.  The Break
>Weapon item doesn't work at all like the existing Drop
>Weapon item (which is basically a cursed item).  It seems
>that to be consistent, either spell should be able to
>made into either the "curse" form or the "cast it
>yourself" form of the enchantment.

   That would be nice if we had all of the /Advanced Wizard/ spells turned
into multiple enchantment types on a consistent and elegant basis, but I
don't think it's strictly necessary.
   Last year after one episode of my campaign, a player noticed there was no
enchantment for Break Weapon, and we both thought this to be rather odd --
Drop Weapon was there, but no Break Weapon.  (We concluded it was probably a
play balance decision of Steve's to leave it out.)  I thought about it a
long time before coming up with the magic item I put on the list.  I had
considered (a) an arrow which made the target's weapon break, and (b) a
cursed item which broke one or all of your weapons when you picked it up or
put it on, but I rejected both as far-fetched and "unrealistic."  I thought
that if one was going to make an enchantment called Break Weapon, then one
put on a weapon and meant to break your enemy's weapon was the most
"believeable" way to go.

Dave Seagraves, WWII reenactor (2nd battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry
Regiment (the "Devils in Baggy Pants"), 82nd Airborne Division)
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760