Re: (TFT) introduction

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Pasha and or Rick Smith wrote:

> 	One consern of mine is that the talents feel
> 'too mechanical'.  For example my least favorite magic
> items are the Attribute Adders from AW.  They were
> boring and felt like items that were put in because they
> were easy to discribe using the game system, rather than
> because they improved the fantasy.

I thought there were two reasons for these sorts of spells
in AW: 1) allowing an apprentice (or two or three) to aid
an adept in some critical situation (ie, combat to the
death with another adept) and 2) the creation of magic
items requires a tremendous amount of resources.

Did I miss the boat somewhere?

Dan Tulloh
daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com