(TFT) Preliminary thoughts:Adapting Runequest

I really like runequest. Its got a kewl background. I like the whole bronze age thing going on. I just dont like their skill system. If you play steadily for a couple of years <which i dont have, pushing 42> you can maybe achieve the status of Priest, or rune priest or <dont have my book with me im at work>.

The damage system is close to TFT. It's Damage take - armor value. the weapons have a slightly wider range of damage.

Id like to try to adapt the magic system. Ive come up with some close spell adaptations. One thing that I like about the system is their multi missle spells.

Im also partial to their spirt combat. To put it in simple terms, if you manage to bind a spirit or demon into an object, he can fight with you or for you. In TFT you have to be a pretty powerful wizard. But, in Runequest its part of your path. As an acolyte level shaman. you get the chance to capture one early on. Im not really sure how Id do that in runequest. Your suggestions are welcome. Once I get this resolved, I can get put together the shaman and mage systems for TFT/Runequest.

There is also the concept of power points(POW). Power points are NOT IQ points. They are another entity. The determine a persons 'force' for lack of a better terms. This is one of those issues Ive had with TFT. can a really powerful mage (15 str) pick up boulders? Not in my opinion, because his str is used for his spells. Its an internal debate. :)

One of the things that is inherent to the magic and shaman system is the 'Overcome' rule. This I envision would be something like attacker rolls his IQ or POW + 3d6 + modifiers and tries to top his opponents IQ or POW + 3d6 + modifiers. Id rather use that than the percent Vs Percent matrix.

Ive got some spell names and their adaptations to Runequest. Let me know what you think. Please note that there is a '-' next to some of the spells. These are either 1pt / 1pt or I left it open to interpretation with the TFT magic spells that already exist :)

Armor enchantment -
Binding Enchantment - ???
Befuddle - confuse?
bladesharp - 1/1 with a max.
Control (species)
Coordinate - aid
Counter magic ???
Darkwall -
Detect Enemies -
Detect Magic -
Detect (substance) -
Disruption - D3 damage if opponent is overcome.
Dullblade -1 damage per pt.
Endurance aid fatigue... otay... whats fatigue ???? :)
Fanaticism, as berserk... base chance to hit + 50%, where do we put armor dex adjustments???
Extinguish 1 to 3 points depending on size of fire
Farsee ??
Fire Arrow - cast on readied weapon. cost 2 or 3pts??? for 3d6 damage.
Glamour +1 reaction / pt
Glue  entangle nonliving tissue.
heal aid str
Ignite -
Iron Hand  +1UC / pt
Light
lightwall - illusion, inpenetrable wall, can be disbelieved. cost?
Magic point matrix??? who knows :)
Mind speech - telepathy
mobility 1pt / 2 ma
Multi missle.   1 missle / pt spent on original missle. 2 pt max.
Protection  -1 hit / pt
Repair 1pt / 2d6
Second site See opponents aura / power points, can be used to tarbet opponents with spells in the dark
shimmer - blur
silence - sneak
slow -??
speeddart  1pt / +3 damage and +1 dex adj for the attack.
spell matrix enhancement ????
spiritual armor 1pt / 2 spirit armor used for spirit combat
STR 1pt / 3 str, str cannot be used to cast spells, max 2 times str.
summon species
vigor 1pt Aid str, goes to hit points only.

ok... that was tough. lets here something back :)