Re: (TFT) Preliminary thoughts:Adapting Runequest

joelsira wrote:
>Im also partial to their spirt combat. To put it in simple terms,
>if you manage to bind a spirit or demon into an object, he can
>fight with you or for you.
And such binding is resolved through POW vs. POW combat. You
could obviously just substitute some TFT stat for POW, but I
agree with your later comment that no TFT stat that really
fits the bill.  However, POW is so central to Chaosium magic
that you're probably going to have to do something.  Two
ideas come to mind:
 1) Add a POW stat.  Pretty drastic, but it also addresses
   your concern about TFT wizards needing to have high ST,
   since presumably you'd be using POW to run your spells
   now, in the normal Chaosium way.
 2) Since Chaosium's POW stat is a somewhat vague, karmic
   kind of thing, it would seem reasonable to just sum a
   figure's ST, DX, and IQ and use that for POW vs. POW
   combat.  Of course this opens up a whole Pandora's box
   of issues, but at least it avoids adding a new stat.

> Spell descriptions
> Armor enchantment -

Enchantments in general are going to be very strange.  You'll
have to choose either to basically use the TFT approach to
enchanments or the Runequest approach, and then work from
there.  I'm not sure how close you want to be to "real" Runequest.

> Befuddle - confuse?
Sounds reasonable

> bladesharp - 1/1 with a max.
So what's the max?
Perhaps make the ST cost cumulative (1 pt. costs 1, 2 pts. costs 3,
3 pts. costs six, etc.) with no max.

> Counter magic ???
Doesn't really fit, since TFT takes the "generic dispel" approach.

> Darkwall -
Shadow?

>Fanaticism, as berserk... base chance to hit + 50%,

50%?  That's a lot...+5 to +6 DX would be approximately
equivalent in TFT.  I think you'll find a lot of Runequest
bonuses to be rather large in TFT because novice characters
in Chaosium games have far lower chances of making a skill
roll than a starting TFT character.  (Mainly because in TFT
a minimal level of skill gives you a chance of success equal
to your DX, meaning your chance of success starts at around
50% instead of 0%.)

> where do we put armor dex adjustments???

Not sure what you mean.

> Fire Arrow - cast on readied weapon. cost 2 or 3pts??? for
> 3d6 damage.

I'd lean toward a cost of 3.

> Glamour +1 reaction / pt

Should max it out at one or two, if you use TFT's standard
1d6 reaction roll.

> heal aid str

Remember, Aid is not permanent.

> Mind speech - telepathy

> mobility 1pt / 2 ma

Speed Movement?

> Second site See opponents aura / power points, can be used to tarbet
> opponents with spells in the dark

Sounds like a combination of mage sight and dark vision to me.