Re: (TFT) Preliminary thoughts:Adapting Runequest

>I really like runequest. Its got a kewl background. I like the whole bronze
>age thing going on. I just dont like their skill system. If you play
>steadily for a couple of years <which i dont have, pushing 42> you can maybe
>achieve the status of Priest, or rune priest or <dont have my book with me
>im at work>.

>There is also the concept of power points(POW). Power points are NOT IQ
>points. They are another entity. The determine a persons 'force' for lack of
>a better terms. This is one of those issues Ive had with TFT. can a really
>powerful mage (15 str) pick up boulders? Not in my opinion, because his str
>is used for his spells. Its an internal debate. :)

	My feeling is that just put in another attribute.  There is
nothing mystical about 3 attributes, the point of the TFT attributes
was they were useful and tightly coupled to the game's systems
(unlike in D&D).

	I have added a couple of new attributes in my campaign:
Rvank (RV) is used by demons to help determine their 'status' in
their own society and helps me explain to myself why they don't
just kill each other off.  If an attribute is useful and different then
add it in!

	Rick