(TFT) Re:Thumbs down to house rules?

	Hi everyone.

	The people who remain playing TFT after all these years
are people who are not afraid to think for themselves and build new
stuff, be it adventures, monsters or rules.

	What is more, each GM has a different style.  What works
in my campaign (high level characters, impossible odds, hugely
powerful magics, vastly skilled warriors) will be inappropriate for
another.

	Also if a person goes to the trouble to make a new set of
rules, then they LIKE those rules.  They understand them and feel
the rules are an ideal mix of complexity / problem solving.

	For the above reasons, I am cool towards the idea of a
set of official TFT rules.  The official rules are those that are
published, and the house rules are a cloud of choices around them.
What is more, the person who sets up the phrasing of the questions
will have a huge influence over what becomes official.

	If you want someone to make up a questionair on what
the official rules are and then take a vote, I will not participate.

	If you want someone to make up a questionair to
discover what kinds of rules people use and why, (for information
purposes) I will fill in a survey form (providing it is of any
reasonable length).

	But I would prefer that people spend their time and
energy making new solo adventures we can play, new monsters,
new rules.  The stuff that is cool and fits in my campaign I will
use.  (The adventures I can play even if they don't fit in my
campaign.)

	I don't mean to rain on people's campaigns but I
think that arguing that rule X by Karen is 'official' and rule
Y by Jennifer is 'not up to snuff' will just cause divisiveness for
no benifit.

	If anyone disagrees or wants to argue, just hit REPLY!

	:)

	RICK