(TFT) RIF

David stated,

<<<School had all these different areas of knowledge but never brought
them together.  In role playing I found a use for all of my knowledge.  In
fact I started learning more.  We were quickly surprised to find that no
matter how much we learned, there was always more.  My math grades started
going up.  In role playing I finally found a single use for all that school
had to offer.  Not only that, but a group to share it with.  Role playing
was the first thing I had ever seen  where everyone would get up, turn off
the TV, and the radio, sit down around a table and actually listen to each
other.>>>

Couldn't agree with you more.  My brother was a poor student "d" or very low
"c" student.  I introduced him and his friends to RPG's in 1976 (D&D) when
he was 12 or 13.  He enjoyed playing it so much that this sparked his
interest in reading Tolkien, Howard, Conan-Doyle, and the list goes on.
This brain exercise led to higher grades in school, where he became a "b"
low "a" student in all of his subject areas.  Who sez reading isn't
fundimental or that RPG's will turn the innocent into devil worshippers.

Yours in Cidri and reading,
Justin