(TFT) Counting backwards

> Yeha, me too. I palyed (& GMed) in the early 80's. Always wanted to play
> again. Taught my wife in '96 di a couple of microgames but I've got 2
> toddlers and another coming in Sept. I have no idea when I'll play
> again..... (when child no. 3 is 3????)
> You just get so busy when you're older - it seems a lifetime ago -remember
> when you're a teenager and sitting around just passing time?? God, Ive
> forgotten what free tiem is at the moment!
> Funny the mention of gardeniing as that's what I'm doing lots of at the
> moment with all sorts of weird Australian native plants (it's sorta like
> Simcity but REAL! You do things and they grow!!)
>
> but I digress........
>
> historically
> Cas

Why do we do this then?  Wishful thinking?  Does anything we do really
matter???  What is the meaning of life????   Those of you out there when did
you start playing TFT or Melee/Wizard and what age are you all???

I bought Melee/Wizard in the Gallery Mall in Philly in I believe 1977/78 and
TFT:ITL when it came out in 1979 and played it from 79 - 84.  As of right
now I'm 41 years and counting.  I would love to play the game face to face
again but I have the same problem as Cas -  two youngsters and not a lot of
time also I have other RPGs I like to play.  I have a group of my seventh
graders playing Advanced Heroquest every Friday after school.  How many of
you out there can say they collect RPGs, I know I do.  The problem I have
when buying is when I examine a game before I buy it, I look at how the
combat system works and whether it has a talent system.  A product of
playing a good game like TFT.

Cas' idea is good.

Related to a gazetter, maybe we should all resubmit articles to the list we
feel are good enough to be compiled.  Send them back to the list under the
subject GAZETTEER (caps) talents or spells or rules, etc.....  This will
make it easier to compile for all of us.

Yours in Cidri,
Justin