(TFT) Converging Notes on Paladins

Hi ! many thanks for all your comments and suggestions ... me thinks,
things are getting clearer now for me on the Paladin ...

love the prerequisites, will adopt these ...
(thanks Stan)

my revised proposal:

Paladin I  (3) - Prerequisite: IQ 15, Warrior, Priest and
    Consecration Ritual ($ 5,000)
    - Talent as Master Physicker but heals an additional 1 point,
        by touch, no medikit needed
    - + 1 THT  and +1 DMG to Undead creatures and Demons

Anti-Paladin I (4) - Prerequisite: IQ 15, Warrior, Priest
    and Sacrifice Ritual ($ 5,000)
    - same in healing, but also reversible (cause damage by touch)
    - + 1 THT  and +1 DMG to ??????????

Paladin II (3) - Prerequisite: IQ 17, Veteran, Theologian and
    Consecration Ritual ($ 5,000)
    - As above, heals another additional 1 point
    - As above, additional +1 THT  and +1 DMG to Undead creatures
        and Demons

Anti-Paladin II (4) - Prerequisite: IQ 17, Veteran, Theologian and
    Sacrifice Ritual ($ 5,000)
    - As above, but also reversible (touch)
    - As above, additional +1 THT  and +1 DMG to ????????

     ? - duh, have no idea at the moment (help!!!)

why the additional point for the Anti's ?

    - its so much easier (and fun) to be a Bad Boy !!! or Girl !!!   8-)
    - besides, the reversible (cause damage) ability should make
        up for it ... hehehehe (aint i an evil thing)

however ...

the problem i see at the moment is that if the above are treated as
talents, PCs will never lose them (or won't mind losing them by
freeing up the points for another talent)  ...
even if he/she commits something contrary to the tenets of his Pantheon
 ... hence the reason behind why the PC's have to sacrifice something in
return for their God's blessings

ok, let's do the math on the EPs:

starting points for human characters are 32 ... by the time they reach 40
APs, they need 500 EPs per point to gain 1 attribute point ... (please
correct me if i am wrong, am at work {its a boring and slow day today} and
i don't have the TFT Manuals with me so i'm doing this from memory)

to become a Paladin, they have to maintain their attribute totals at 40,
never lower ... thus, to qualify for Paladinhood, Attribute Totals must be
at least at 43, then and only then, can they give up 3 attribute points
or 1,500 EPs per offering (bringing him back to the 40 AP total) ...
conversely, for an Anti-Paladin , Attribute Totals must be
at least at 44, then and only then, can they give up 4 attribute points
or 2,000 EPs per offering (bringing him back to the 40 AP total) ...

if they do decide to go for the whole shabang (i.e., 5 Offerings) AND
assuming that they concentrate all their efforts (to become ...) during
their APs playing on the 40's range ... this means that Paladins will
need 7,500 EPs, (10,000 EPs for Anti-Paladins), $ 25,000, continually
prove himself worthy to the GM as well as find a High Priest willing
to do the 5 Rituals ...

i agree, this will be quite evident ...
(thanks John)

That's why, PCs MUST first prove themselves to the High Priest that
they are worthy to be consecrated and then ALWAYS faithfully follow
the tenets of his Pantheon or else lose all the hard earned money and EPs
... this i think would, at the very least, simulates his/her/their devotion
to the Pantheon
(thanks again Stan)

dseagraves@austin.rr.com (Dave Seagraves) writes:
> [...]
will do ...
(thanks dave)

Random Thoughts ...
what if their attribute totals go below 40 due to death,
curse, etc., will they also lose their Paladinhood ?
i think not ... so long as he has served his Pantheon faithfully, the
talent should remain active ...

other thoughts ?

thanks for reading this far ...

warmest regards to all !