(TFT) angels

I have been thinking about the postings of a week or so ago regarding demons. (I really like the beginnings of a demon generation system offered recently and hope the author will expand on the system.) A note of incredulity has always been struck in me at the idea of HEROIC characters summoning demons. I can't picture Gandalf, for instance, calling up a demon to fight, or do anything else, for him. Has anyone else considered providing Cidri with angels? The presence of angels has a definite part in mythic fantasy. (Although, Cidri does have a somewhat deityless flavour.) Angels have active roles in many of the Arthurian and Carolinian epics; and, in fact, I believe Tolkien once stated that Gandalf the Grey was himself intended to be an angel. These are some preliminary notes, just thoughts which have occurred to me over the past week, on what angels for The Fantasy Trip could be. 1) I would divide them into lesser and greater angels, and have the attributes for each type be the same as those for demons. 2) I would make the Summon Angel spells higher IQ than the Summon Demon spells. (17 for Summon Lesser Angel, 21 for Summon Greater Angel?) 3) Angels are not affected by pentagrams. 4) Angels will not turn on their summoners. 5) Characters with Summon Demon spells cannot also have Summon Angel spells. 6) Angels will have various different personalities; they may be loving or vengeful, righteous or caring, forgiving or intolerant... Perhaps angels and demons are the same type of being -- the apparent differences a result of HOW they are summoned, or for what purpose. When coerced (say by use of true name) they affect a horrific appearance, hate their summoner, and will look for ways to negate the services they are forced to provide. When they willingly respond to a calling then they take on an attractive pleasing appearance. If a character abuses the Summon Angel spells, attempting to use the angels for selfish or violent or other non-angelic purposes, he may discover his angel has been a demon all along. If the game master judges that an angel would not willingly respond given the circumstances of the Summonings, then the angel simply will not appear. In some instances, angels may spontaneously appear to counteract a summoned demon. Conversely, a greater demon (Demons are bullies. They will avoid fighting angels on an equal footing.) may be attracted to the summoning of a lesser angel.