(TFT) Kobolds - the great after dinner snack

>PS: Here's a question while I think about it, how does everyone see
>Kobolds? As reptilian or mammalian. In the original monster manual they
>were scaly but then this is the book that brought us pig-headed orcs.
>I'm thinking of expanding them and wanted a concensus...
>Cas

I always thought of Kobolds as small blue reptilian things with foul
attitudes. Kobolds I use have nests and warrens with kobold eggs in them. I
seem to remember that Kobolds were thought to be responsible for ruining
mining operations. The impurity cobalt would ruin iron (or copper, I'll look
it up) and miners blamed this on gremlin like things called Kobolds. I think
this is where the element gets its name. Oh yes, cobalt is blue just like
Kobolds. I will check my facts to confirm this later.

Here is an excerpt from an e-mail a friend and I had about Kobolds as we use
them in melee.

This hostile blast against kobold kin is missing a
critical component.  Nowhere in this little diddy is
their any mention of their eggs.

When a tribe is in the process of getting wiped out
the females can get quite crafty with hiding their
eggs.  They will go to great lengths and sacrifice to
put their eggs where nobody would think to look.  When
the little beggars hatch they'll have nobody to train
them but they'll be nasty just the same.

Before you rest comfortably on a job well done after
the "great kobold kill," i'd try looking under your
bed, or on your roof, in the hay loft, in the larder,
under the wood pile.  You get the picture.

Remember, where there is one there is many; and you'll
NEVER get them all.

When you see one Kobold you know many more are lurking somewhere.