RE: (TFT) Kobolds - the great after dinner snack

I passed some of the Kobold discussion on to a former GM and got this
response. It may flesh out a description pretty well. BTW I have his
permission so unlike Tolkien, the lawsuits will keep to themselves.

> >PS: Here's a question while I think about it, how
> does everyone see Kobolds? As reptilian or
mammalian.

They are reptiles IMO.

> The impurity cobalt would ruin
> iron (or copper, I'll look
> it up)

It was silver that was the hardest hit.  Cobalt has a
specific gravity near that of silver so it doesn't
seperate out so well during low temperature smelting.
The blue color is easy to detect when mixed in to such
a pale colored metal as "Ag."

> and miners blamed this on gremlin like things
> called Kobolds. I think
> this is where the element gets its name.

Correct as far as I know.

> Oh yes,
> cobalt is blue just like
> Kobolds. I will check my facts to confirm this
> later.

Again, correct as far as I know.  Below is a excerpt
from the monster profiles that I have written.

"Kobolds have patches of cobalt-blue skin and are
filthy.  They are between .9 and 1.2 meters tall and
mass between 15 and 45 kilograms.  They are gray
scaled except for a mottling of blue scales down the
back, a blue snout, blue scales on the backs of the
hands, and a blue belly.  They have a mean streak as
wide as a leviathan and are crafty enough to make it
hurt.  They are 1st class scavangers, and 2nd rate
thieves.  They would much rather take something
useless from a screaming victim, than to take
something actually useful when no one is
around....Kobold society revolves around pillage.
Their entertainment revolves around torture and
mayhem....They steal what is not nailed down, maim and
torture when they can, and move on when the picking
are depleted or the vicinity is too hot."

This goes on for another few paragraphs getting into
more detail.

Morgan