(TFT) Message from Internet

Yeah, kind of a tepid approach to heroic fantasy.  I think this came
about as a reaction against some of the common excesses of late 70's
D&D play, wherein the cast of thousands in "Gods, Demi-Gods and
Heroes" make regular appearances to strongarm the PC's or get killed
by mega-characters.  SJ or Howard or whoever just wanted to avoid the
whole issue.  <

I tend to agree. There seems to be a very strong bias in TFT against the
more 'fantastic' elements of fantasy and it seems obviously a 'backlash'
reaction to some of the more famous excesses's of D&D.

To this day, most players I know wont go near a fantasy game because of the
pain D&D has caused...

Michael