Re: (TFT) converting solos

I've been meaning to respond to this for the past few days.

Since I play some solo TFT (less now that I've got the hang of PBEM!),
this is an interesting tack.  Do other solo adventures survive the
transition to TFT?

T&T translates surprisingly well, at least the bits I've played so far, perhaps because TFT and T&T both use only 6 sided dice. The combat is vastly superior using TFT -- my character, Padraic O'Chaeleichair (OK, so I use my own name, only with the old Gaelic spelling. Helps me identify more strongly with the character!), survived one surprisingly exciting HTH combat against a one hex dragon. Using TFT the combat lasted four or five rounds, while using T&T rules the combat was interminable. And I died using T&T. What is neat about converting T&T solos is that they do have a different flavour from the published TFT solos. For instance, reaction rolls are more common, which means you probably will want to spend some of your APs on charisma or sex appeal.

And just to get the ol' conversational ball rolling now that I think
the server problems are behind us, what's your favorite solo adventure,
both TFT and non-TFT?

I've had fun recently with Warren Dew's The Crown of Kings, but my favorite TFT solo is Treasure of the Silver Dragon. I know T/SD has its flaws, but the dragonodon Toltec environment was refreshing. My favorite over all solo, though, has to be Barbarian Prince.

                               -- Pat