Re: (TFT) Wizard's Guild Membership

Michael Taylor wrote:

> This is what I personally do because - well because I'm just strange that's
> all..
>
> Over the years, I've collected a lot of Cantrip and Hedge magic spells -
> mostly from D&D but there are some other sources as well - and use them in
> TFT. These are the most common types of spells for all wizards. They are
> all IQ 7 and cost 1 IQ for anyone or 4/1 IQ for wizards.

I love Cantrips in their early T$R incarnation.  We had a campaign where
a character studied only cantrips.  16 racked cantrips, and an active
imagination, is sometimes harder to deal with than a fireball.

I think in a magickal world, magick would trickle down.  Why scrub that
delicate inlaid ewer, when it can be Cleaned?

> The Wizards' Guild (and deep dark holes filled with monsters) are the only
> places where wizards can learn 'real' spells and thus, even a Drop Weapon
> spell puts you WAY above people's normal consideration of what is 'magic'.

Another bylaw of the Carnn Guild: All castings in presence of mundanes
to include gestures and incantations as appropriate.  All reasonable
preparations are to be made, regardless of caster experience with the
spell in question.  <translate: Don't make it look easy.>  :)

> So much like the Wizard's Guild of Carnn (well done by the way!) the
> Wizard's Guild truly *does* seperate a Wizard from a wizard.

Thanks.