Re: (TFT) TFT: Wizard's Guild Membership

From: Daniel Tulloh <daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT: Wizard's Guild Membership
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:23:39 -0600 (MDT)

> I'd say there are two
> better ways to look at the guild:
>
> 1) It's a powerful political organization.
>
> 2) It's a "meeting of the minds".

Not to mention that they might come down really hard on some
poor PC trying to practice magic without a license!  This in
itself might lead to the idea of 'black' magic - someone
outside the guild practicing magic using potions, cauldrons,
animal sacrifices and what-have-you.

As a matter of fact, the whole concept of witches and warlocks
could be thought of as a PR campaign led by secretive members
of the Wizard's Guild to squash rogue practicioners of the art.

Dan
daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com

I like this concept. 'Black' magic is really magic on the Black Market. Because its not sanctioned by the guild, it is 'evil.'

Like the American Medical Association (Wiz Guild) on the subject of Chiropractic or Holistic Medicine 'evil' in the 1960s. If its outside our practice (what, no drugs or surgery?), it can't work and must be quackery.

Well some of the hedge mage and sacrifice stuff does work, and we know that the peasants are going to them for help, so therefore we need to stop it. Let's make a rumor that its EVIL. (& some of it may be.) Because if enough peasants use this, then some of the middle class may start using it. And that would bite into our control of the market!

Hail Melee
John Paul