Re: (TFT) TFT Release

From: Pasha and or Rick Smith <pnrsmith@istar.ca>
Subject: (TFT) TFT Release
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:40:05 -0700

Hi everyone,
	I have long dreamed of getting the rights to TFT and
publishing it again.  The thing I would have done it would be
to create several Melee and Wizard 'rule additions'.  For example
one might have the rules for a magic school that gives new
working type spells, the laws involving duels and challenges,
the advantages of guild memberships, and tons of variations to
make wizard duels more interesting.  Another might be a rules
supplement for thieves with a bunch of magic items for and
against thieves and with rules for befriending animals etc.

	The idea is that people buy a bunch of rules at under
$5.00 a pop, until they have something nice.  THEN they will
be willing to contact us for the full rules (we advertise in every
supplement).

	The advantage is that it is easier to get a line of pocket
box sized <= $5.00 supplements into the stores, than yet
another RPG system.

This might not be a bad idea. Taking someone elses suggestion and republish all the original rules as shareware on the net with the caveat that new items can be purchased at stated prices on net or in stores.

Then if there is going to be any CORE RULE VARIATIONS aligned to a particular GameWorld, these could be published as a $5 supplement along with several other rules and a scenario for that supplement.

	I suggest one change to the old rules.  Make the
memory cost of talents 1/2 of what they were in the books.
Every TFT GM I've come across has found ways to give
heros more memory one way or another, and the simplest
way to do this, is just lower the memory cost of the talents.
This will also make heros less weak compared to wizards.

	Rick

Don't make any changes to the original TFT rules. Only offer your changes in the supplement. This will keep a jihad from forming in our group. You might even republish the 2nd edition with your memory change, but keep the original TFT as shareware.

The neat thing about having one of us as copyright owner for TFT is we won't hinder the creativity on the websites, we would promote it. I'm sure you would not hesitate to let someone else post (if not publish) their alternate version to memory. Then we could stop worrying about copyright and flourish.

Hail Melee

John Paul