(TFT) Re: TFT Release

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>

> Given that the rights and trademarks to Chivalry and
> Sorcery were sold for less than 10K a couple years back,
> I tend to think such a figure is much more "in the ballpark"
> than than 100k+.
> <
>
> That's pretty funny - my first reaction was "Why would anyone pay that much
> for Chivalry & Sorcery!" Of course, the irony is not lost on me, but I
> still can't imagine what it would have to offer modern gamers! It was after
> all, merely a VD&D system!

Well, it was considerably different than D&D. It also had a second edition
that updated it considerable in the mid-80s. The 3rd edition that was created
also updated it again in the 90s (this is the result of getting the rights). There
is also C&S Light which was published last year. So, it's not as crusty as
you think.

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader