Re: (TFT) Re: Republishing and state of the list

From: James Eckman <fugu@wenet.net>
Subject: (TFT) Re: Republishing and state of the list
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:17:19 -0700

If you really need more copies than are available legitimately, well
don't tell me, and don't sell them on the list please ;) I doubt that
private, small scale, non-commercial use would call for more than
destroying the illicit copies of a publication so long out of print.

Jim Eckman

Jim, I'm not quite sure what this paragraph means. Is the paragraph saying 'don't state that you're missing a copy of TFT and want to know who's selling'? Is the paragrah saying 'don't say you have an original ITL to sell'? Is the paragraph saying that if someone is xeroxing copies of the ITL book and selling it, not to say so on this list? Is the paragraph saying not to solicit loans of the original ITL book to people who do not have it? Or is the saying those who would make an update of ITL, not to mention it on the list?

Just clarifying, as I am offering a library loan to those who cannot obtain the materials through their local stores and don't want the exhorbitant e-bay purchase.

Hail Melee

John Paul