(TFT) Re: Growlers in TFT

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Merlock <amerlock@execpc.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com <tft@brainiac.com>
Date: Friday, June 16, 2000 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) [OT] tons of cheap mini's!

<snip>

>I picked up a pack of "Baby Razorback Growlers" today, and will be
writing
>up stats for them this weekend (assuming my baby doesn't arrive and
put
>a dent in my gaming time ;-> ).  I don't own VOR, so I don't have the
VOR
>stats, but I'm good at making things up.
>
>I figure I'll throw a couple packs of the babies agains them, and
then toss
>in a Onehorn as a surprise....
>
>The only problem I have with the larger 28-30mm minis is that the
bases don't
>jive with the TFT standards.  I mean, a Onehorn looks like it'd fit
in a Mega-
>Hex, but I'm not sure I'd rate it the same as a 7-hex dragon.
>
>Tony Merlock

I'd have to say from past experience:
Growler Pups- 1 hex
(stats like goblins)

OneHorns- 2-3 hexes (most 2, the very biggest 3)
(stats like Centaurs/Lizardmen but stronger)

Bulls/Mommas- 3 hexes
(stats like Ogres/giants)

Treat them as Ogres and you shouldn't go too far wrong.
Up their armor rating for each growth stage at about
1 pt for pups, 2-3 for Onehorns, 3 for Mommas, and
4-5 for Bulls.
Give the Onehorns "mighty leap" so they can leap to attack
the distance equal to their DX or maybe a flat 3-4 Megahexes.
They can charge attack and get the charging spear/polearm
bonus due to their powerful horn.

The Bull gets "mighty leap" plus 2 more abilities/natural
magicks like "shockwave"(slamming the ground to knock down
other creatures in a megahex or two area) and a veteran
like talent to shrug off damage.

Momma gets "frenzy" if any of her pups are hurt in her line
of sight. She's effectively hasted and berserk  until she
kills whatever hurt her pups. (including other Growlers)

NOTE- All male Growlers (Onehorns and Bulls) get the ability
of "pup toss" as a missile attack. If there are any pups
in the same megahex as them they can pick them up and throw
them at the enemy like a giant throws boulders.
It auto-kills the pup and don't let momma see it happen or
she'll go after the male growler herself.

Hope this steers you in the right direction.

Mack Brewer