Re: (TFT) Re: Cheap talents

Dave,
No. That was true fifteen years ago. Now I can't get any players to go down into a labrynth. They would rather intrigue and make money in the city. It's less dangerous they say. The town guard claims so many because players get a thrill out of running from the cops. It's real fantasy to them. It's something else they would never do in real life. Hahahahahah. But the rest... I can't tell you how many players I have evolved by killing them on the brigand job table. Eventually they pick a safer job. Deaths on the job table don't make it to my kill list. They just make another character. It's kind of like old traveler character generation. Players make a charater. They work them until THEY are satisfied. Then the adventure begins. It never slows down enough for anyone to work a regular job again. Have you ever noticed how many people die trying to start a scout with a ship. I view the job table as the second half of character generation. It doesn't matter, young, old, experience, or beginner. The challenges will find you, you will be part of the story, most people who die can see it comming.

   David Michael Grouchy II