Re: (TFT) Melee/Wizard Variant

>dwtulloh@zianet.com wrote:
>>    I just thought up a variant for TFT which might be kinda
>>    fun.  Basically, its a "Capture the Flag" kind of thing:
>>    two teams (blue and red) enter from the opposite side of
>>    the arena, attempt to capture their opponents flag and
>>    bring it back to the entry squares.
>>                     { snip }
>>    You can limit the armanent for each team to fists only,
>>    shields only (to allow bashing) or give the characters
>>    all the arms and armor they wish: the game can be made
>>    as deadly as you like.
>
>Say, this sounds like a lot of fun!  One thing I think that
>needs to be determined: can a player lose a flag he's carrying
>without being killed for it?
>
>My initial thought is that if a player is knocked to the ground,
>he fumbles the flag - roll 1d to determine the hex it falls into.
>If the hex is occupied, that figure catches the flag without
>having to take an action to pick it up.

I'd say the flag is lost if a character falls down (for whatever
reason, ie knocked down, slips on a slippery hex, whatever).

If the flag is just on a figure's body, it can be stolen with a
successful DX throw (ie, be in an adjacent hex and roll to hit).
If the flag is in a ready weapon slot, not only must the attacker
roll to hit but, if they are successful, they must win a contest
of ST to actually grab the flag out of the carrier's hands.

With wizards around, this game could become VERY interesting!

Dan