Re: (TFT) TFT Release -> Cheap talents

>>>>>>>Actually lightning costs 1 memory.

Your right, that's my mistake, but basically my point is that the wizard is
trading in the specific focused power that drains fST and does one specific
task well for the more general purpose usefulness of Talents. Talents also
dont usually make people want to tie you up and set fire to you as well...

Well, to me this works because Talents aren't skills. Most of the time I
think  those people can easily be characterised as Scholar (13/3) or simply
as having interesting esoteric knowledge because of their background, but
that those dont really translate to TFT Talents. This only works if you
allow that characters can 'know' anything they want, but only get a
game-mechanic benefiit by paying for the Talent.

I'd take that fight. It would help to allow some of the *new* Talents, but
I dont think it's necessary to give the Mouser any *more* talents.

Wasn't an exact figure, I can't really see any problems up to 60 points,
but I dont ever get to the point where it becomes a problem (not a boast -
a compaint!). I'm just saying that if at high levels, this becomes a
problem, it should be adjusted at high levels rather than for everyone.

I'm just saying the SIMPLEST solution is the old "AdjIQ" solution (see
mailing list archives). That's alot easier to understand and do that
halving all talent costs.

Well, this is certainly a valid pont.

Well then now I think we're just talking about degree. Lowering the cost of
Talents IS much simpler than Superscripts, but I dont think it's as simple
as AdjIQ.

I dont really disagree with this at all. In fact, it's the *main* reason
that I feel that Combat is the culprit that needs to be adjusted the most.
For my money, it's the combat system that doesn't work as well at high
levels as it does at low levels. I dont think its very flexible  and I dont
think it allows for much differece between expereinced combatants and
inexperienced combatants no matter WHAT talents the character has!

This is why I've gone to a much more Starleader:Assault! type system.

Anyway, sorry this is late, I just got back from vacation! Still catching
up!

Michael