(TFT) Re: Stuff

> From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
> Subject: Re: (TFT) Cheap talents and forgetting
>
> How can you roleplay anything but a combat monster when a 1/2 point of
> knowledge skill will come up once in a blue moon, but a 1/2 point combat
> skill will come up once a game - and the combat will take up the rest of
> that day's session anyway!

We had just the opposite problem, we had giant heads for players (IQ
15+) with all the skills on earth bought at a 1/4 point. It made running
any form of intellectual campaign pointless since any brainic ;) could
have 50+ skills.

> From: "grabowski" <grabowski@erols.com>
> Subject: (TFT) History or Hollywood
>
> Why should it be banned?  Although a lot of horrible things (both sides
> being responsible) happened during the southern campaign of the American
> Revolution this movie makes the Brits look like Nazis killing Jews.  You
> will understand when see what Tavington (antagonist to Gibson's, Benjamin
> Martin) does to the populous of a town.

Haven't seen it yet, but according to Barbara Tuchman, Tarleton was a
real nice guy. Other than minor offenses like, massacres of surrendering
troops, destruction of private homes, properties and crops, and the
arrest of civilians taken off to prison hulks were many died.

This period could make an interesting TFT campaign, its as really as
late as you can get and not have the rules totally breakdown. There is
still some armor running around (dragoons) and in other portions of the
world it's still late fuedal/very early modern. You'd have to have rules
for rifles and cannon but I think that's about it. The smoothbores still
fire fairly slow and armor can stop these.

Has anybody run a TFT game in this late of a period? I've run
renaissance games with matchlocks and primitive cannon. The players
liked it.

Ommm, Bob is everywhere...
Jim Eckman