(TFT) undead again

Dear all (mainly Rick I suppose)
given that you're doing undead, i felt the best vampires  in litetrature
(and I hate to say this given how he mutilated the Cthulhu Mythos in most
of his books) come from the Necroscope/Vampire World series by Brian
Lumley. I read these books with all due scepticsm and came away very
impressed (until I read harry Potter, that is, but anyway...). The vampires
are among the most conniving and darstardly and their physiology is quite
monstrous (Cthulhuvian/Gigeresque hybrid-like).
Just my 2c AUS (=1.2 US c and dropping) worth