Re: (TFT) TFT: Expert Weapon Talents

Dominic,
I think a character could get some of the same advantages from a self powerd $500 blur that expert swordsman offers. It would even work against missles, and multiple attacks. Dave Seagraves tested it and found a 5:1 death ratio between equals. I shudder to think what an "expert swordsman" with a blur would get. Everyone rolling four dice at -4 DX. Any one of these alone might have been o.k., but both together seem to push the limit. I'm curious what your reply to that will be. It seemed to me that after being talented (a stronger word than expert in my mind) and getting ones DX up to 16 (a number representing skill in my mind) the best way to improve a swordsman is with equipment. TFT is geared to handle that, and does it well. The creation of additional "skill levels" for TFT seems like it will be too much if you allow for enchanted equipment also. To put it another way, I would allow an expert swordsman enchantment ( you said the skill only worked when you had the sword) that caused others to roll 4D to hit (very expesive I hope), but not as a new talent.

    David Michael Grouchy II