Re: (TFT) TFT: Expert Weapon Talents

From: Pasha and or Rick Smith <pnrsmith@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:44:00 -0700

	The line, "...the best way to improve a swordsman
is with equipment.", captures for me the worst part of unmodified
TFT.

Hahahaha, at last we have found it. The worst part of unmodified TFT. This I have heard before. Last time it Was Stan Rydxewski, January 8, 2000. He wrote...

I've always found the organization of the monsters into categories
to be the second most annoying "feature" of TFT layout.  (The
grand prize for aggravation goes to the random-order spell and
talent descriptions.)

For all the other readers of this post, Rick steped in and pointed out the following.

The spells are not quite in Random order.  One spell (I forget
which one) detects magic in order that the spells are listed in
the book.  Basically combat spells come first and other effects
come second.

    Anyway, the top three most annoying "features" to TFT layout...
1. Random order Talent and Spell descriptions
2. Organization of Monsters into categories
3. "The best way to improve a swordsman is with equipment"

I would also like to point out that these three things are unique to TFT. I submit they are part of what makes TFT a gem of a game, one that people keep coming back to after playing "so called" more realistic games. But be that as it may, it will continue to be my pleasure to bring up out of date perspectives on the game.

    David Michael Grouchy II