(TFT) Re: Exploding/Inflammatory Gems

From: Thorn <edt@dopey.ne.mediaone.net>
> John Paul Bakshoian wrote:
> > I've played for a number of years with "exploding gems."  They do 2D6
> > damage.  Now that I look for it in Advanced Wizards, I can't find it.  Hmmm.
> >   Is this perhaps from another game?
>
> The spell is in Advanced Wizard, but not the casting cost.  We always
> guessed at that, sometimes 2ST/Die, sometimes 3ST/Die, lack of
> apprentices among PCs keeping damage down, and gem costs (higher quality
> and cost needed for greater dice) keeping us from carrying bandoliers of
> the things.

The Explosive Gems spell is described on p. 15 under IQ 14 spells, but as
Thorn mentions, no casting costs are given anywhere. The rules mention that
these gems can have various amounts of damage put in them measured in
dice of course. A 6d (or greater) Explosive Gem will put 1d of damage on
each surrounding hex to the target hex.

I'd say $250 per die of damage, 1 week, 10 ST/day, $40 of ingredients/wk.

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader