Re: (TFT) Live Metric or Die!

From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
Subject: (TFT) Live Metric or Die!
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:01:04 -0400

So how does everyone feel about TFT using only the metric system for
measurement?

I've been sticking with that for a while, but it's starting to bug me. I think that Steve Jackson got that right in GURPS when he went
back to the pound system. How do people feel about it Doesn't come
up enough?

Michael

For a nation that thinks of itself as forward, USA is a provincial people. I think we are the only country that didn't go metric. I would like to leave it metric just to bug us. However....as a practicality, I would want it to go back to pounds. I don't know metric well enough.

I'm not using heavy weights as a DEX reducer, so that isn't a problem. And as long as TFT lists distances in hexes, I can convert that easily.

Hail Melee

JPB