(TFT) zombies and skeletons again

>Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:57:24 +0100
>From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>
>Subject: (TFT) zombies and skeletons again

>PS: Why wouldn't a mage skin a corpse to the bone and make a skeleton in
the
>first place and never have to worry about ST loss?
>yours necromantically
>Cas

	Well, interestingly enough - some players in my TFT campaign had a similar
question which lead them to an inspiration in their magical research - the
Deskin spell! (If anyone wants it, let me know, I'll have to dig  around for
it, since it's likely still packed away since I moved)  This spell basically
allowed a mage to whip up skeletions after winning a battle against their
foes, by magically vaporizing the skin down to the skeletal remains.
	Plus there's an interesting side note to the history of this spell.
Originally, this spell was only usable on the dead. But one particularly
nasty player set out to create a magic item that would be usable on the
living. Alas, once this horrific item was created,  this unfortunate player
soon discovered that the NPC he was attempting to use this vile magic item
on had recently purlioned and was using the players earlier magic item
creation "the Reverse Spell shield" (similar to the Reverse Missiles spell
but works with magic instead). Whereupon the Deskin spell was bounced back
upon him! Thus ended that particular magic users career, and added several
magic items to the artifact status. And only to be found in possession of
that (now) powerful NPC! Players who recognise that NPC's name now flee in
terror by the mere mention of that fellow showing up, and those who don't,
Well.... let's not mention what happens to them!

	- Tim Sireno
        AKA White Wolf
	  Gamemaster of the World of Cendri Campaign (& one time BBS of same name)
        (Yes, that's Cendri, not Cidri. The name Cendri is another story...
Ask me sometime if your interested.)