(TFT) RE: Fine Armor Manufacturing?

Title: RE: Fine Armor Manufacturing?

From: ed <edhogg@equus.demon.co.uk>
>On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:28:46 -0400, Michael Taylor:
>>>Also, for reference only, Chivalry and Sorcery has a great article in their
>>>2nd Sourcebook.  In gaming terms, how to build fine weapons, magic weapons,
>>>ego weapons....
>
>>Is this in the first edition (orange?) or 2nd edition of this game (green)?
>
>There was no green sourcebook (unless you count Saurians or Swords and
>Sorcerors). This was 2nd edition Sourcebook 2

<later>

From: "John Paul Bakshoian" <hailmelee@hotmail.com>
>My cover has a red cover and was printed in 1981, so I guess thats first
>edition of Source Book #2.

You are both right. This is in the first and second editions of the
C&S Sourcebook 2 (this is the second sourcebook for C&S - it is much thinner
than the first Sourcebook). But mostly these tables are useful for
reducing the number of die-rolls needed for armorer PCs to roll to
figure out how long it takes to make these items. The actual item descriptions
are in the Magic chapters of C&S.

Or as someone else suggested, check out the Armourer's Companion from
Brittannia Games Design, the current publishers of C&S 3rd Ed., C&S Light,
Knight's Companion, Dwarves Companion, and Elves Companion. They are much easier
to find.

For more rules about Fine Weapons and Armor in TFT, see Bill Seurer's house rules
on my website: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/tft/.

-----
Brett Slocum <bslocum@ancept.com>