Re: (TFT) incubi and lifestealing weapons

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>

Incubus

No-one has yet isolated the sword-creature or used it.

Cas,
Not bad. It has a pulsing kind of supernatural feel to it. It gives me a cool idea about silver slimes. Hey that reminds me... I had some small begining demons that were weapons. They were only 1-4 ST. In stead of having an infinite MA, they had infinite shape shifting. They would make themselves into weapons. Each point of ST was a dice damage they did in weapon form. If they tasted blood, they would eat into the living victim. Each subsequent turn they didn't have to roll to hit, they just rolled damage. When the victim was killed, this meant the demon had made it all the way to their heart and eaten it. No revival. Anyone who attacked the weapon would do half damage to the victim as well. My players were terrified of these things. They were usually encountered on the first level being weilded by lessor demons. A favorite tactic was to shoot the small demon out of a crossbow. By the time a character realized it wasn't a crossbow bolt sticking out of their chest it was too late.

    David Michael Grouchy II