Re: Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

tft@brainiac.com wrote:
>> >From: "Cas Liber"
>>

>>Anyway, I thuoght a 50 pt strength battery is a tad expensive isn't >>it?
>
> Cas,
>   I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.  Could you help me
> out a  little bit with it.  This is the way I understand it.
>      "There is reason to believe that no battery can be made with
> a capacity of more than 1,000 ST [snip]

Well, I'm not Cas, but he never said it was impossible, just
really expensive.  I must be missing something here because I
don't see why it's at all a problem to make a 100 ST elemental.
Say you have a wizard and 12 apprentices (total apprentice
salary: $600/week)  The wizard stands in the center of a circle
of six apprentices.  The other six stand around the edge of the
inner circle.

On round one, the outer six each cast a 9 ST aid on one of the
inner six appretices.  Assume four of them succeed.  On round
two, each of the inner apprentices casts Aid on the wizard.
The ones that were themselves Aided cast 18 point spells, the
other two cast 9 point spells.  Again, if four of them succeed,
the wizard will get 63 points of Aid.

With the 63 plus 12 points of his own ST, the wizard then casts
a 75 point Create Elemental...and in three hours they'll be
ready to do it again.  Now that's "only" a seventy ST elemental,
but with six more apprentices you'd be pushing 100 ST.  So what's
the big deal?  Why the $50,000 ST batteries and multiple wizards?
One wiz + $900/week for apprentices = two or three 100 ST
elementals per day, and they don't even have to spend 250 ST to recharge some battery afterwards.  Am I missing something here?