Re:Re: (TFT) First edition Melee on eBay

."Dave Seagraves" <dseagraves@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>>    (Last year SJG republished /all/ of the cardboard heroes they ever
>> published (as stand-alone products) into one book for about $20.  One of
my
>> players bought it for me as a present.  I ran off a copy on a color
copier,
>> then archived away the original and cut up the copy for play.  Worked out
>> really well.)
>>    (Yes Virginia, I know the U.S. has a law against that.  Let's have a
chat
>> about the TWA Flight 800 cover-up, shall we?)
>
>Actually, that's clearly covered under the "fair use" clauses in
>copyright law.  You own the book?  Copy away as long as it's for your
>own use.

Uh, don't think so on that one.  Were SJG to take you to suit on this one,
they'd most likely win, like they did against the Secret Service.
Check here:
http://www.albany.edu/~ls973/copy.html

http://www.cetus.org/fair5.html

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Basically, your "fair use" directly impacts the sales of The Cardboard
Heros, because you aren't buying the 30 you'd like to have, just 1 and
making 29 copies.

Personally, I wouldn't "confess" to the "crime" in a public forum, but I
really doubt that you would ever be prosecuted for this.