(TFT) Random NPC Generator!

Well, sorry about the stupid question before about the fighters and the
warriors - more careful reading and I figured out what you meant - you can
have 'fighters' who are wizards!

It took a while to do it, but while I was populating a small village for a
game I realized I could no longer live without an electronic character
generator!

Thank you VERY much for your fine Random NPC Generator! It saved me a TON
of work!

I wrote the program in a language called "Tablemaster" (www.wintertree.com)
so I dont know if it's any use to you, but other than some minor tweaks and
additional detail the logic is all yours!

I could get the Weapon-Size by Talent to work, but that's just a matter of
time.

I'll keep a seperate copy aside (and send it to you if you want) so that
there's a 'pure-dave' version. I'll be adding things like Clothes,
Personality, Height, Weight, etc...(probably next Monday).

The formatting is screwy, but fixing that will come lately as I futz with
it...

Once again I wanted to thank you very much for saving me a LOT of
working....I've been meaning to get around to this for years!

Here's some sample output...

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Human , 50's (53 yrs old), Old (-3)  , , Serf
Money Carried: $16
ST 11          MA 10
DX 11
IQ 9 (5)
Talents: Fisherman (1),Wood-Carver (2),Gardener (2),Horsemanship (1),Skiing
(2),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-3), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Hobbit, Toddler (2 yrs old) , , Serf
Money Carried: $11
ST 1          MA 8
DX 9
IQ 6 (2)
Talents:
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-5), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Dwarf Talents: Mining (MN, 9/2), Late 30's (40 yrs old), Old
(-1)  , , Serf
Talents: Animal Handler (AH, 9/2)
Money Carried: $2
ST 14          MA 8
DX 11
IQ 10 (9)
Talents: Bola (1),Lasso (1),Snowshoe (1),Joiner (2),Guns (2),First Aid
(1),Climbing (1),Sword (2),Crossbow (1),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-2), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Elf, Late Teen (18 yrs old)  ,
No talents or spells!, Serf
Money Carried: $16
ST 5          MA 12
DX 12
IQ 12 (7)
Handicaps: Homosexual or Wimp or Klutz (1 points)
Talents: New Followers (2),Diplomacy (1),Dagger Marksmanship II (2),Spying
(3),Glassblowing (1),Assess Value (1),Master Axe/Mace (2),
Job: Has the second highest-paying job he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-4), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Human , 50's (58 yrs old), Old (-3)  , , Serf
Money Carried: $8
ST 9          MA 10
DX 10
IQ 11 (7)
Handicaps: Lame or Migraines (2 points)
Talents: Brewer (2),Shoemaking (1),Masonry (1),Seamstress (1),Animal
Handler
(2),Gambling (2),Axe/Mace (2),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-3), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Hobbit, 60's (61 yrs old), Old (-4)  , , Serf
Money Carried: $8
ST 3          MA 8
DX 16
IQ 14 (8)
Talents: Master Physicker (2),Mechanician (2),Draper (1),Enforce
(2),Mathematician (3),Master Bowyer/Fletcher (2),Strategist (2, +1
Initiative),Farming (1),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-5), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Gnome, Early 40's (42 yrs old), Old (-2)  , , Serf
Money Carried: $16
ST 10          MA 8
DX 10
IQ 11 (12)
Talents: Pole Weapons (2),Tracking (1),Luck (2),New Followers (2),Expert
Pole
Weapons (2),Whip (1),Sword (2),Farming (1),Brewer (2),Shield
(1),Quarterstaff
(1),Architect/Builder (2),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-3), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Human , Late 40's (46 yrs old), Old (-2)  , , Serf
Money Carried: $3
ST 13          MA 10
DX 11
IQ 12 (9)
Talents: Expert Knife (2),Shield (1),Remove Traps (1),Ventriloquist
(2),Recognize Value (1),Snowshoe (1),Courtesan (2),Slight of Hand
(1),Expert
Pole Weapons (2),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-2), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, half_breed Average of both parent races., Early 40's (41 yrs
old), Old (-2)  , , Freeman
Money Carried: $32
ST 9          MA 10
DX 11
IQ 8 (8)
Talents: Sword (2),Thrown Weapons (2),Bow (2),Snowshoe (1),Shield
(1),Shield
(1),Cestus (1),Flintknapping (1),
Job: Has the job that pays the most that he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-3), None - use bare hands!
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

NAME: _____________________________________
Non-combatant, Elf, Young Child (4 yrs old) , , Serf
Money Carried: $2
ST 5          MA 12
DX 10
IQ 7 (8)
Handicaps: Hard of Hearing or Watch Traps or Denseness (1 point)
Talents: Sling (1),Axe/Mace (2),Luck (2),Snowshoe (1),Sling (1),Knife
(1),Bow
(2),Berserker (1),
Job: Has the second highest-paying job he is qualified for
Weapons:  Fists (1d6-4), Club
Armor: No Armor worn, No Sheild carried

Michael