Re: (TFT) Those "other games" (OT of course)

> >Anthony Merlock wrote:
> >> Michael wrote:
> >> Star Fleet Battles anyone?
> >
> >Sure!  Your place or mine?  That, Starfire, BattleTech, Heavy Gear,
> >and a bunch of others have places of honor on my gaming shelves
>
> Cool...this reminds me, a couple of us have been playing around
> with the old FGU fantasy boardgame Lords and Wizards--one of the
> few strategic level fantasy boardgames.  It's not bad, but the
> rules were in need of some 'spiffing up'.  Well one thing led to
> another and I've totally re-written the rules.  If anyone would
> like a copy (if anyone even recognizes this incredibly obscure
> title I'll be amazed, but whatever) let me know and I'll drop a
> file your way.

Never heard of that one, unfortunately.  A hobby shop I visit on
occasion has a bunch of old stuff, so I might scan the aisles to see if
that one's there (they still may have a copy of Advanced Wizard on the
shelves, buried near all the Runequest stuff....).  Fortunately, the
store's an hour away - since I got married and had a baby, I can't afford
to dump $100-$200 a month there anymore.....

> BTW Anthony, if you live in the Baltimore/DC area and would
> like to play SFB or Starfire (or Squad Leader or WiF or
> pretty much anything in the way of games with hexes and
> counters), feel free to drop me a line...

Well, I live near Milwaukee, Wisconsin (land of cheese and beer, der hey),
but my older brother lives in northern Maryland.  Unfortunately, this is the
guy who's way too busy to play anything.... Heck, If he had the time, I'd have
made a SFB gamebox for Cyberboard, and we'd be playing that by email, along
with TFT.  He did run a GURPS 'Top Secret Agents in Ravenloft' PBeM adventure
for a while, but several players lost interest and dropped out, and it
died.

> Stan - a drooling D&D philistine who has resigned himself
>        to enduring the list's monthly D&D bashing

You have to admit, though, that as bashing goes, this wasn't bad - it didn't
get nasty, and it was pretty short.

Tony Merlock