Re: (TFT) fleshing out cidri/gazetteer online

Michael wrote:
> Actually I was going to try to do a map of Elyntia, but I'm not as good an
> artist as I thought! I'm going to keep trying to do that for a while until
> I fail miserably....

There are several free or low-cost mappers that can be used.
www.rpghosts.com has some of the free ones, and (of course) there's
Campaign Cartographer, but that's $70.

The Scriptorium (http://www.ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium/) has a
cartographic font set, but that's $60.  It looks interesting, tho, although
I haven't seen an example of a map drawn using them.

If you have a drawing program (as opposed to a paint program, although I
guess you could use one of those, too), you can draw little icons that
resemble the icons on the Dran map, draw a hex grid with the drawing program,
and use copy-and-paste to produce your map.  I've done this kind of thing
before, and it's not as difficult as it might seem (although I haven't done
it since I bought Campaign Cartographer).

And, if you think *you're* a bad artist, just wait until I post the TFT tokens
I drew for my TFT Labyrinth Adventures game.....  I think my 3 month old son
could do better.......

Tony