(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #108

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>
> Started reading Feist once. Life's too short to read such an ordenairy and
> unoriginal writer when there's GRR Martin, S Donaldson, Tolkien, S Baxter,
> Lovecraft, RE Howard etc. even Robert Jordan (I hate to say it but I've
> been suckered into reading the wheel of time series, my wife threw it away
> after book 7 but I want to see how it ends)

I greatly enjoyed his Daughter of the Empire series, but it's probably the
influence of Janny Wurts. I also like Jordan, though I've stopped at book 4
until he finishes the series.

A new author I really like, who has lots of good ideas well examined, is David
Farland. His Runelords series is excellent. I highly recommend it. Beware,
though, as only 2 books are out in the series.

---
Brett Slocum  --  slocum@skypoint.com  --  ICQ #13032903
Home page: http://www.skypoint.com/~slocum/
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader