(TFT) killing bad guys

DMG, I agree about players killing massive amounts of monsters, but heck it
ain't much different in that respect to the average Steven Seagal or van
damme movie. Spicing up encounters is the bread and butter of a good
campaign. Not many of us did it well when we were 13 yrs old and DMing, but
I think I'd be better at it now ( villains getting away, joining party,
rival parties squabbling over dungeons, monsters begging for mercy, offering
info etc. to stay alive.).
Reminds me a bit of Call Of Cthulhu, where if you start killing everyone
around you (human that is), you generally end up in jail for lengthy
periods.
Cas