Re: (TFT) Half breeds

Cas Liber wrote
    One could postulate that if a hybrid is
part of a breeding program it gets an extra
2 attribute points to put somewhere due
to extra ability in something.

Cas,
Very meta. It sheds light though. In the analysis of the centaur half-breed specifically I stumbled over something like this. I believe you have but a finer point on it. It gives me an inkling of something more specific. You mentioned ?mules (hybrid tween donkey and horse)? which is interesting because all the types of horse listed have IQ 5. The donkey has IQ 6. The mule, or hybrid is IQ 6. Following this math, 5.5 would round up to 6. The thing I stumbled over earlier were the 2 extra points of IQ for the listed centaur compared to a hybrid of light riding horse and mankind. If two of the extra points from the hybrid version were put into IQ, it matches the centaurs listed stats. I see no reason not to postulate that a hybrid gets 2 extra attributes, and see numbers to support it.

Half Man Half Horse
IQ 6

Centaur (page 51 ITL)
IQ 8
Giant Eagle
IQ 7

Roc
IQ 5
Half man half demon
DX 11

Lessor Demon (page 54 ITL)
DX 13
Half man half riding lizard
IQ 6

Reptile Man (page 51 ITL)
IQ 8

Just like your addendum states, there are two more starting attributes in all cases (in DX for the demon). I hadn?t isolated the increases like this. Now they seem clearer. To conclude I post here the first two sentences of your reply.

    David Michael Grouchy II

  Cas wrote
The addendum to this is the hybrid specifically
bred for a purpose. e.g. mules (hybrid tween
donkey and horse) is good at dungeons where
neither parent [has the temperament].  In plant
breeding there are F1 hybrids which are more
vigorous than either parent (tomatoes etc.).