Re: (TFT) High Tech swords

    Water jets and cellular guns, some random Ideas.

?I will make my arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall gorge itself with flesh ? with the blood of the slain and the captured, flesh from the heads of the enemy leaders.?
       -- Deuteronomy 32:42

A Gauss gun could shoot small needles at such a high rate of fire as to be almost continuous. Gauss guns powered by cold fusion could do instant freezing of memory gases into crystalline needles. Needles that could be accelerated to escape velocity. Atmospheric pressure causes a great reduction in a Gauss needle?s maximum velocity. Of course one must remember by gun, I mean a ships gun, and by sliver I mean a meter long. A mere sliver in star ship scale. Who knows, maybe in the future these would be small and portable. Instead of a continuous stream of gauss needles for a sword one could also use a water jet, or water scalpel. An example is high pressure steam. At 5,000 degrees a pin hole leak in a steam line is both invisible and can cut an arm off, just from walking by. This would be used on the planet surface, or inside a pressurized environment. Instead of a water sword, which has supply problems and makes water even more expensive in space, one could have a sword designed to attack the cells. These are called viruses. Apparently man has recently reclaimed this ability. I see a repeating hypodermic pistol.

Celular Sword: Don?t be deceived. This sword looks like a thin fragile glass rod. It doesn?t have a sheath, and one just pushes the button on the hilt for the rod to retract. If touched with this sword, one discovers what ?breaks down cell walls? means. The weapon does 42 points of damage. It does this to armor, weapons, and people. What ever it touches that has cells. The question is; how long does it take. Generally the harder something is the faster it breaks down, the softer it is the longer it takes. Metal armor and weapons would take 42 points of damage in the first hour, or at a rate of about 1 point per minute. A person would take one point a day for 42 days, they would have a sort of creeping leprosy.

Molecular Sword: The weapon?s sheath is designed to coat it with TFT style weapon poison. The Poison is actually a bacteria with an accelerating enzyme. The designer bacteria has been cultured to the sword wielders metabolism and will be ineffective to him. Strange as it may seem, the enzyme does 4D of healing and puts the victim to sleep for an equal number of hours.

Atomic Sword: The sword is one really tough heating element. When switched on, the mini atomic reactor instantly heats the blade to a whopping 5,900 degrees kelvin. This is the temperature at the surface of earth?s sun. Can create 7-hex fire just by touching the deck or wall of a ship. Any books or papers within a mega mega hex will instantly ignite. If the area used is not well ventilated or has a controlled environment, the air pressure will build up greatly.

    David Michael Grouchy II