Re: (TFT) A deluge!

Figures I'd run into you all here. It was either that or look for Merlin in
some chat room somewhere <grin>. No one seems to play anything but war games
or Vampire the Masquerade up here i.e. too much tactics or none at all. The
biggest group even does the makeup thing complete with gluing rice crispies
on their faces (I think it's supposed to be warts). I ran one PBEM TFT
dungeon for some cats in Iowa using the scale stuff. I was suspired how well
it came off. The highlight occurred after everyone but the two hobbit scouts
got captured by the Prootwaddles (ah la the old weaponless Kobold swarm and
pin trick in D&D) and the turns went to action time just as the Prootwaddle
King was about to lever the huge boulder down the incline to crush the
captives. The first guy tries to take a snap shot at the Kings hand but the
other one uses part of my description against me ( Action Time=1 sec per
turn. A character can; ...speak three syllables, as in one-thou-sand...) and
decides to yell PROOOOT! I thought this good enough to force a disbelieve
from the tribe or they would momentarily drop everything to join in the
call. Anyway this was just the delay they needed and the hobbits got to save
the day. The only other game highlight I've had was getting to drink a beer
with Dave Arneson at a convention last year. Not much of a story but I'll be
in Rouge in a week or so if y'all wanna hear it.

Space Hulks and Talaisman and Spades, Oh my!

> Jay!
>    Ohh wow.  Its been a while.  Lets see.  Edd Ott's TFT campaign is going
> strong.  We just had to pay out a huge Wereguild for damaging a statue to
> Aries.  I play a Pit fighter (halberd, boomerang, bola).  He sneaks into
> temples at night and knock over ther Idols.  Man, they really get mad
about
> it.  More so than if I had knocked over a real person.  Some times I hire
> town wizard to teleport me into the temple.  Only cost 38$ or so.  Quite a
> bargin.
>    What else.  Merlin Schweitzer actaully read the rules after all these
> years.  Are your ready for this.  He made a campaign.  He has actually run
> it twice.  Who knows.  There may be more to come.  I think he is still a
> little intimidated by how TFT experienced his players are.
>    You remember we were working on "multiple scale" TFT, and the long
> debates about Strength vs. Sizer, or "can a 10 ST Giant lift a house?"
I'm