Re: (TFT) Re: [Neil's] gem and metal system.

No, you're reading it right. For some unknown reason, 20 or more years ago,
I thought that it was some other metal completely. Don't really know why, as
I was able to recite the periodic table at the time. But, after finding out
better, I just never managed to go back and rectify the error. It may be
that I never figured out anything to put in that relative value position.

I could also point out that while I have brass, bronze, and copper on the
table, neither zinc nor tin show up.

> Neil, I don't know C, but from what I can figure out it appears
> that you have electrum being worth 1.5 times more than gold.
> How so, since electrum is basically just gold with a high level
> of impurities (mostly silver).  Or am I reading this wrong?

> BTW if you want another metal allow me to suggest that nice,
> shiny metal known as 'arsenic'.  Rings made largely of arsenic
> have been found, although no doubt their wearers found them
> somewhat less than salubrious to wear.  Could make a nice
> gift, though. :)

Ouch!

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com