Re: (TFT) Boomerangs

   Speaking of boomerangs, it just occurred to me that all a boomerang is is
a chunk of wood, i.e. a club.  Logically a boomerang should do one-handed
club damage based on the thrower's ST.  (After all, a /club/ does club-like
damage when thrown, so why not a boomerang?)  An average ST 11 fighter does
1+1, while a ST 25 giant does 3-1 (1+6 rationalized).  Of course get rid of
the ST minimum for boomerangs as well, since damage is now tied to ST.
   Sound good?  (Boomerang-throwing giants -- now /there's/ a scary thought!

I guess none of you has seen a sharpened boomerang (I believe the correct term is "hunting boomerang" as opposed to your "training boomerang"). Basically given a good wood (with a little heat I think) you can sharpen and harden a wood edge pretty nicely, and it's no club anymore. I figure ironwood, maple, or oak would do nicely from the list of US woods, but Oz has some nice woods that could work better. I figure you can get hit with that sharpen boomerang moving at a higher speed than your basic broadsword.

I would agree that a training boomerang or children's toy that we see in the US is basically a club. Don't we have any Aussie's on this list that can set the record straight or are you all city dwellers.

I think I remember that hunting boomerangs don't necessary return, but I could be wrong about that.

Michael
--
Michael Kluskens <mkluskens@yahoo.com>